Images Home Page || Images 1
This material may not bereprinted or reproduced in any form without the expressed written permission of the copyright owners. Images 1: Before The StormImages 1: It StartsImages 2: ShoahImages 2: Liberation
Daily Life in the Camps
- The Einsatzgruppen were units sent to racially purifythe Eastern European front for the Nazis. This map is a tally of some of theirwork. Source: Nazi Conspiracy and Aggression - Washington, U.S. Govt. PrintingOffice, 1946, p. 773.
- Arrival at the train station atAuschwitz-Birkenau. SS select those for for work, while others are sent to thegas chambers. Source: Dachau Memorial Museum
- Mother and Children
- A mother and children ontheir way to the gas chambers. Source: Dachau Memorial Museum.
- Roll Call
- Morning count of the prisoners. Source: Dachau Memorial Museum.
- Prisoner Lineup Source: Dachau Memorial Museum.
- SS Women Source: Dachau Memorial Museum.
- Quarry Workers Source: Dachau Memorial Museum.
- Behind Barbed Wire Source: Dachau Memorial Museum.
- A Young Prisoner Source: Dachau Memorial Museum.
- Work in the Armaments Factory Source: Dachau MemorialMuseum.
- Shot while attempting to escape Source: Dachau Memorial Museum.
Later Art: A. Paul Weber
- Source: The Good Old Days -E. Klee, W. Dressen, V. Riess, The Free Press, NY, 1988.
- A mass grave in the Bergen-Belsen camp. Source: The Belsen Trial - Edited by R. Phillips, William Hodge and Company, 1949.
- Pit at Auschwitz
- One of the cremation pits usedto burn the victims of the gas chambers in Auschwitz. Used mainly in the summerof 1944 when extermination was going so fast that the furnaces couldn't handlethe number of corpses. The photo was taken by a member of the camp's resistance (a member of a sonderkommando). This is one of only two images of Auschwitz taken by prisoners known to exist.Source: Auschwitz: Technique and operation of the gaschambers - J.C. Pressac, the Beate Klarsfeld Foundation, NY, 1989
- Source: A. Paul Weber, Hamburg,and the Dachau Memorial Museum.
- "How with the wolves if you must" 1943
- "The Informer" 1943
Go to thetop of the page.
Go to the topof the page.
- Evacuation March
- April 26, 1945, beforeliberation, a march from Dachau, secretly photographed. Source: DachauMemorial Museum
- Death before Liberation
- This was found on April 28, 1945, the day before Dachau was liberated.Source: Dachau Memorial Museum
- Those who made it greeted the liberators. Source: Dachau Memorial Museum
- Liberated Children Cheer
- Ironically,there were no children in Dachau usually. These Russian children had beenbrought to be distributed and cheered the liberators. Source: Dachau MemorialMuseum
- The Pain Lingers
- Liberation was nota joyous event, just an end. Source: Dachau Memorial Museum
- Two Girls
- Their faces look into history. Source: Dachau Memorial Museum
- Memorial at YadVashem
- In honor of those who fought for freedom and those who didn'tmake it. Source: The Write Thing
Images Home Page || Images 2