Completed Search : Thea Leonora GRAHAM nee LOW (LOWOVA) |
You were able to help us trace
Mrs Thea Leonora GRAHAM (Maiden name LOW) who in about 1947 married Neville GRAHAM – in Huddersfield, England.
Daughter of Oskar and Charlotte Gertrud LOW. Thea’s father was an industrial chemist
The information we have about Thea is as follows:
Date of birth about 1925
Went to Huddersfield Technical College 1941-1942. (1940-1941 Commerce course, 1941-1942 Matriculation)
Thea helped the RAF to listen to and translate the radio conversations of German pilots when RAF bombing raids occurred over Europe. They lived at Cambridge Rd, Huddersfield.
In 1946 Thea Graham lived at 22 Cambridge Road, Huddesrfield.
Thea had an aunt and uncle who lived in Huddersfield – we do not know their names.
Neville GRAHAM Also in the same class as Thea at the Huddersfield Technical College 1941-1942 Neville Graham's family were in the quarry business in the 1940s.
Other class mates at the college at that time were:
During the course of the search the following has emerged:
1. 25 Jan 1964 Dr Oskar LOW died in Leeds. He is buried at the UHC cemetery on the Huddersfield Road, Leeds. On the grave stone he is “mourned by wife, daughter and granddaughter"
2. The family was living at 30 Wellhouse Avenue, Leeds. They were members of the Belgrave Street Synagogue in Leeds – now incorporated into the United Hebrew Congregation.
3. 22 Jul 1980 Gertrude Charlotte LOW died at the Morris Feinmann Home in Didsbury. She too is buried at the UHC cemetery in Leeds. On her stone only the granddaughter is mentioned. The Morris Feinmann Home does not have the 20-year old records any more.
4. The last will and Testament of Gertude LOW (dated 2 Nov 1959) speaks of her daughter Thea Leonora GAUTSCHI. (In other words Thea remarried an unknown Mr GAUTSCHI some time between 1951 and 1959).
5. The „Grant of Probate“ from the High Court of Justice in Leeds (dated 25 Sep 1980) notes that Thea had died before her mother (i.e. between 1959 and 1980)
6. The will leaves Gertrude’s property to „any surviving grandchild“ – or in the event that no grandchild survived, to the RSPCA. The will is dated 2 Nov 1959.
7. The RSPCA has found no record of a bequest from Gertrude LOW.
In other words – Thea had a daughter – name and whereabouts UNKNOWN. Can you help us find her?
Thea Leonora ex GRAHAM then GAUTSCHI nee LOW
Do you have any information which may help us trace any family member or heirs?
Please e-mail us at searchandunite [at] lewinsdlondon [dot] org [dot] uk if you can help in any way
|Back to Current Searches|