We are NO LONGER searching for the POPPER families, originally from Liberec, they escaped Prague because of the events of World ar 2.
Professor Jan Herbert POPPER
born in Liberec, Czechoslovakia, on December 24, 1907, died 1987, former Director of the UCLA Opera Theatre
- Arnostka Zuzana POPPER, believed to have escaped to Israel
- Hilda POPPER, believed to have escaped to Israel
- Edita POPPER, believed to have lived in San Francisco
We do not at this stage know how they relate to each other
During the course of the research we have learned a number of facts:
1. Jan POPPER arrived in the USA in 1940
2. The sisters Edith and Hilda survived the concentration camps :
3. Edith went to Palestine as an illegal immigrant. Her brother Jan wrote to her on board ship
- see the dual language Romanian philatelic publication Philatelica.ro from where I have extracted the
Do you recognize any of these names?